STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

Snorting Coke is Sort of Like Snorting Murder (AMEN) (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by Theresa @, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 00:50

Look, I don’t want anyone to think I’m moralizing here. The fact is, I’ve used cocaine recreationally in the past and never had an issue. Not even kind of. It almost has the opposite of an addictive effect on me in that every time I do a bunch of blow, I have exactly zero interest in doing it again for months. On the other hand, I’ve had friends who’ve ruined their life with the stuff. It’s been I believe 11 years since I last bumped a line of coke, but if you threw some in front of me right now my reasons for not doing it wouldn’t have anything to do with its dangers to my health or sanity (or the fact that it isn’t fun in a way). It’d more be shit like this (from Metro UK):

Cocaine is as popular as ever – but it’s not exactly the most ethical thing you can buy on a night out.

It’s no secret that behind our cheeky line there is almost definitely murder, torture, deforestation, poverty and fear. In fact, these horrific realities have even been glamourised in films and TV shows such as Narcos.

Yet despite this, the number of British users has trebled in the last two decades.

In fact, London is so big on coke we have the highest concentration of the stuff in our water out of all of Europe’s cities.

One coke dealer in LA, called ‘Ra’, told a US-based VICE reporter he’d never heard a coke buyer express any concerns about where their party powder came from.

‘On the consumer side right now, nobody gives a shit,’ he said. ‘They can be vegan and still blow lines. Human bloodshed is fine for you, but animal bloodshed? No. It’s kinda ugly in that sense for sure.’

Cartels and death: What you need to know
164,000 people were murdered in Mexico between 2007 and 2014
27,000 were killed in 2011 alone
There were more civilian deaths in Mexico than in Afghanistan and Iraq combined during this period
Reports have linked 34 per cent of these murders to cartels – other estimates put this figure higher, at 55 per cent
Around 25 to 30 tonnes of cocaine is trafficked into the UK every year

FULL STORY

Share/Bookmark
  77 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244524 Postings in 105883 Threads, 514 registered users, 165 users online (2 registered, 163 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index