STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

HURRICANE IRMA (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by FordPrefect @, North Florida, Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 22:24

I just noted than I was still logged in to the site from my last session. Sunday night, late, I was in the process of writing a response to a thread about solar flares (below) when Hurricane Irma stole my electric power. (this iMac doesn't work well unless you feed it) Anyway I got power back just before noon today after almost 40 hours. Not bad actually all things considered.

My neighborhood here in Jacksonville survived the storm pretty well. Tree damage, a few extensive I am told, branches and limbs all over the place, but no real structural damage like you see in other places, and no flooding. I spent most of the day cleaning the yard of tree limbs (small) and such. I think the local squirrels might be the major victims in all this as I cleaned up piles of almost ripe pecans. The squirrels hide these things for their winter meals and now Christmas dinner might be a little sparse this year in Mrs. Squirrel's house.

There's a lot more comments to make about this hyped up storm, but this is enough for now.

FP

---
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. (Galileo Galilei)

Share/Bookmark
  144 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244524 Postings in 105883 Threads, 514 registered users, 153 users online (1 registered, 152 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index