STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

COMMENTS, Hurricane Irma (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by FordPrefect @, North Florida, Saturday, September 09, 2017, 11:26 @ CatFan

As of 11:00AM EST today 09.09.2017 Hurricane Irma is a Cat 3 with MSW of 125MPH. The central pressure is up to 941Mb The present forecast track takes the storm north along and slightly west of the west coast of Florida. I am in the Jacksonville area. I am expecting and I am prepared for several inches of rain and winds of tropical storm force (MSW in the 35MPH range with higher gusts). At the moment my analysis of this thing supports this conclusion. Of course it's all subject to change depending on conditions going forward.

Everything I've have seen and heard in the public press about this storm has been fear mongering hype. Sure the storm grew into a monster as it progressed across the Atlantic. Conditions were just right for such growth. Nothing unusual about that, especially at this time of year. It should have been apparent that the storm couldn't maintain those levels for long, but hey it sure works to keep the sheep all stirred up now doesn't it. It sure will get interesting when those five and a half million evacuees start to return home at the same time.

By the way, everything you want to know about active hurricanes can be found at the National Hurricane Center. It's the only source for definitive storm related information.

---
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. (Galileo Galilei)

Share/Bookmark
  105 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244562 Postings in 105899 Threads, 514 registered users, 160 users online (1 registered, 159 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index