STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THIS PREMISE (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by FordPrefect @, North Florida, Friday, July 14, 2017, 21:37 @ pravdaseeker

There's an issue with this "The Japanese Did It" premise. Simply put they had no reason too. The flight was publicized widely and it would have been to Japan's benefit to have "saved" Earhart and Noonan when their plane ran into trouble. I suspect they ran out of fuel on the leg to Howland Island and crashed at sea, but that's just my theory.

Japan at the time was buying everything it could from the US, especially oil of which the US was their primary supplier. To have put that trade in jeopardy by intercepting and then killing Earhart and Noonan just makes no sense.

As to the flight being some sort of a recce mission, well I don't think the Japanese had started their large military buildup in the south Pacific as of that time, so what's to take pictures of? Besides there were enough PanAm Clipper flights over that whole area that anybody with a Kodak could have gotten all the photos anybody would want.

We have to remember that in July of 1937 the war was still 2 years and 2 months away, in Europe that is and that's the one that counted.

Just some of my thoughts on the subject
FP

---
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. (Galileo Galilei)

Share/Bookmark
  83 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243612 Postings in 105311 Threads, 514 registered users, 123 users online (1 registered, 122 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index