STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

Greenhouse Effect of Climate Change Proven Wrong (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by FordPrefect @, North Florida, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 21:38 @ pragnos

Pragnos:

Would you be so kind as to post a link to that LWIR transparent material you mentioned? Materials that transmit in the LWIR of which I am familiar are Germanium and Zinc Selenide and these are very expensive. Then I am somewhat dated but very interested.

It seems that using an LWIR transmitting material to cover a greenhouse defeats the purpose. The greenhouse should trap LWIR emission not allow it to escape. Such a condition it seems to me is a "why bother" as far as a greenhouse is concerned. Roof vents do provide temperature control as they allow excess warm air to escape to the outside and convection will cause the air to circulate, fans do this much better though.

The Boltzman equation you mentioned describes the energy emitted by a blackbody integrated over all wavelengths from 0 to infinity. I think we should be dealing with gray body radiators and such when we are trying to understand atmospheric heating and I agree with you whole heartedly that we need a rigorous Physics based approach to this problem.

---
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. (Galileo Galilei)

Share/Bookmark
  95 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244552 Postings in 105892 Threads, 514 registered users, 133 users online (1 registered, 132 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index