STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

AGITATING THE EMOTIONAL BODY (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by CatFan @, Green Country, USA, Friday, July 07, 2017, 08:24

Esoteric philosophy teaches that humans crave stimulation of their emotional bodies. This is usually referred to as "glamour". It is why the daily news is filled with accidents, crimes, crises and so forth. It's not news that almost everyone went to school and work safely today, and everything generally went well for us. It also is why "action and adventure" are the principle focus of tv shows and movies. It keeps our heads in our animal nature.

We are creators. People who lecture on positive thinking and self improvement tell us to focus on what we want to happen, not what is wrong with our current circumstances. Wherever we focus our attention, Universe will give us more of it because, by our action, we state what we want.

The writer I often mention put out a concept that has helped me enormously. When presented with a situation or some information that causes an emotional reaction, the first question to ask is, "Is it actionable?" This is a more succinct way of stating a principle from the Serenity Prayer, "can I do something about this?" Most of the time we cannot. It is at that point we should let it go.

I was skip reading through a book by Jim Stovall who I admire. In it he said we should be more selfish in a healthy way. Don't pay so much attention to what is going on in the world, but focus instead on how we can improve ourselves and our lives and leave the world to God. I am striving daily to be better at this.

I realize I have rambled around. I just needed to say this.

Share/Bookmark
  235 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244440 Postings in 105834 Threads, 514 registered users, 112 users online (1 registered, 111 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index