STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

The Inflaton: There Goes Another Hypotheses (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by Old_Ponter @, 3000 miles north of north pole, Monday, June 12, 2017, 21:39

Another hypothesis goes the way of the dinosaur. The deduction that "inflaton" particles caused the rapid expansion of the universe, is well, how do I word this, a schoolboy dream. It does not compute, causes information overload like a division by zero, like trying to fathom something coming to existence out of nothing.... It used to keep me awake at night when I was a youngster, how could something come into existence out of nothing? The answer my friend is not blowing in the wind. It is nestled in the pages of the book of Genesis.

In the first moments after the Big Bang, the Universe was able to expand even billions of billions of billions of times faster than today. Such rapid expansion should be due to a primordial force field, acting with a new particle: inflaton. From the latest analysis of the decay of mesons, carried out in the LHCb experiment by physicists from Cracow and Zurich, it appears, however, that the most probable light inflaton, a particle with the characteristics of the famous Higgs boson but less massive, almost certainly does not exist.

Just after the Big Bang, the Universe probably passed through a phase of inflation, an extreme burst of expansion. If inflation did really occur, there should be a new force field behind it. Its force carriers would be hypothetical, hitherto unobserved particles, inflatons, which should have many features reminiscent....

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-06/thni-cih060817.php

Share/Bookmark
  191 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243814 Postings in 105456 Threads, 514 registered users, 105 users online (0 registered, 105 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index