STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

MALWAREBYTES SENT ME AN EMAIL MESSAGE THE DAY OF THE ATTACK (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by CatFan @, Green Country, USA, Sunday, May 14, 2017, 09:00 @ pravdaseeker

The message said that customers running their premium service (I was) had no reason for concern as their service had protection from that attack.

I also run ESET antivirus. These together are good at stopping all sorts of junk attempting to run on my machine (they both notify me of what they are doing). It is important to keep your PC OS software up to date and to run the best protection programs you can afford.

You also must operate your email service with tight controls. Don't open mail from senders you don't recognize. Don't open attachments without having your protection software checking them first. When in doubt, throw it out. You can always phone the sender and check with them. Set your spam filter to the maximum. If you don't receive an expected email, you can check your trash or spam folder manually. Run regular scans of the hard drive in case something slipped through.

It's like vehicle maintenance, a nuisance, but necessary.

Share/Bookmark
  292 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244479 Postings in 105863 Threads, 514 registered users, 117 users online (0 registered, 117 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index