STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

Sad to See Sears In Such A Condition (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by CatFan @, Green Country, USA, Friday, May 12, 2017, 22:09 @ Theresa

Being more than ten years older, I remember Sears when they were in their original location downtown in a beautiful art deco multi story building. The mezzanine level was open to the ground floor and had a magnificent stairway that led up to it.

As far as the store Theresa talks about, we lived just a half mile north of it and shopped there frequently. Theresa and her mom fixated on the chocolate, but my mom was hooked on the Spanish peanuts that were freshly roasted right there next to the popcorn machine. And, you definitely could smell those peanuts.

Daddy bought things for the car and a few tools there. I got a lot of my school clothes and Sunday church suitable clothes there. I also remember the gorgeous Christmas decor displays and Santa for pictures.

Society changes and what we once knew fades as the new shows up. It's just the way life works. I do miss the great old fancy department stores.

Share/Bookmark
  177 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243644 Postings in 105335 Threads, 514 registered users, 97 users online (1 registered, 96 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index