STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

CHANGE? (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by ConcernedCitizen @, Friday, May 12, 2017, 07:11 @ Theresa

Wow! Thanks! Beautiful memory filled posts!
In Trenton, NJ Sears was a massive building I looked forward to visiting with my parents. I forgot about the incredible candy in this wonderland. How many of rock and roll's stars started on an inexpensive Silvertone guitar from Sears? How many young families bought a Kenmore appliance and began their American dream? The Sears catalog was the original coffee table book. It's dog eared pages filled with dreams for every age.

In the same way EJ Korvetts, many 5 and dimes, more recently Border's Books...all gone. My home town Trenton is unrecognizable from the place I grew up in.

Lennon, as usual, was prophetic:
There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all.

Like Theresa I wish for a walk in tub. Not for me but for the love of my life who is now wheelchair bound. But like Theresa I will never be able to afford that.
What happened to the American dream? I know what the genius George Carlin said. So sad to realize he was really not much of a comedian but more of a mirror of ourselves and a truth teller.

As much of the previous joy of life fades and as crappy as it sometimes seems IN MY LIFE I'VE LOVED THEM ALL.
Peace.

Share/Bookmark
  211 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244479 Postings in 105863 Threads, 514 registered users, 106 users online (0 registered, 106 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index