STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

CHANGE? (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by Theresa @, Friday, May 12, 2017, 03:55 @ FordPrefect

Have things really changed? Or have we just changed? Or BOth?

I'm sure that many of us remember our parents and grandparents talking like we are talking now about the way things have changed and how they used to have to walk 5 miles in the snow to go to school and we would look at our siblings or friends in our age group and roll our eyes. We had heard their stories a million times before it seemed.

Now,we wish we had listened. The generation gap back then was HUGE * 60 and 70's*. It was MUCH bigger than any before or since. Most of us moved out of our parents house the minute we were of age (if not before) and wanted nothing more than to live our own lives and free ourselves from what we saw from the previous generation. (I was born with one foot in Baby Boomer and the other foot in Generation X)

Now? Sometimes the children NEVER move out...

But Sears sure had some good candy. It was freshly made and you ordered it by the weight that you wanted. I always went for the warm chocolate covered peanuts....

If you could go back, Would you? I don't think I would, but department stores and yearly catalogs were filled with dreams. How many of us found ourselves looking at the girls and boys modeling undergarments when we had NO
intention of buying anything from that section? *You know what I mean*.

Bernays had already used his tricks on us so they were consumer dreams, but nevertheless, they were dreams.

I miss having dreams.

Not the kind of dream you have when you sleep, but the kind where you look to what might BE.

They are hard to find these days.

Honestly the biggest one I have is to take a bath.

I haven't been able to since my legs stopped working.

I sit now and look at portable stand up bathtubs and dream of soaking in a hot tub.

But I'll never be able to afford one. But in all my looking I did find the perfect one.

So I'll share my dream.

Wow,is this entire thread drift or enhancement? I don't know but I like it.

Dream with me.

BATH DREAMING

Share/Bookmark
  159 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243025 Postings in 104968 Threads, 514 registered users, 109 users online (1 registered, 108 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index