STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

JEFF BECK BAND - MORNING DEW - VID (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by Theresa @, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 17:12 @ pragnos

Music is transforming even magically so in some instances. The quest is to find that certain rhythm, chord changes, and melody that inspires ones heart and soul to insight, compassion, and kindness. --pragnos

Hi Pragnos:

So TRUE, In my limited life, I have found music is the way to TIME TRAVEL
You listen to a song from the past and that song will take you back to a certain time and a place - it's like you are back there.

No wonder TPTB have taken control of the music industry so that they control who the MASSES hear. Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin would not have made it in this kind of atmosphere.

Below is the story behind "Morning Dew', For some reason I have always loved the Beck version more, even though it has Rod Stewart on vocals. I do like Rod's earlier stuff but the later stuff was.....let's just say not my cup of tea. And the so-called "classic rock' stations are so controlled that so many wonderful songs have been pushed down the memory hole

Thanks so much for your comments.

Morning Dew Story

"Morning Dew", also known as "(Walk Me Out in the) Morning Dew", is a post-apocalyptic folk rock song written by Canadian folk singer Bonnie Dobson and made famous by the Grateful Dead.
The song is a dialogue between the last man and woman left alive following an apocalyptic catastrophe: Dobson has stated that the initial inspiration for "Morning Dew" was the film On the Beach which is focused on the survivors of virtual global annihilation by nuclear holocaust. The actual writing of the song occurred in 1961 while Dobson was staying with a friend in Los Angeles: Dobson would recall how the guests at her friend's apartment were speculating about a nuclear war's aftermath and "after everyone went to bed, I sat up and suddenly I just started writing this song [although] I had never written [a song] in my life".[1] Dobson premiered "Morning Dew" in her set at the inaugural Mariposa Folk Festival that year with the song's first recorded version being on Dobson's At Folk City live album in 1962. Dobson would not record a studio version of the song until 1969, that being for her Bonnie Dobson album.

Share/Bookmark
  157 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243925 Postings in 105524 Threads, 514 registered users, 125 users online (1 registered, 124 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index