STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

TRUMP AND NUCLEAR POLICY (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by chazzz @, USA, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 16:01 @ CatFan

You may recall that during the Presidentual campaign Trump was quoted as saying to those who were informing him about US Security, that Trump supposedly asked "We have nuclear weapons, why can't we use them?" As quoted at the time it was intended to show Trump as reckless and uninformed. I suspect that it might have been on the subject of North Korea that this came up.

I suspect that Trump would be willing to make a preemptive strike against North Korea to prevent them getting nuclear weapons and use relatively low yield nuclear weapons against hardened facilities in North Korea.

Legally speaking, unless North Korea attacked the US or was imminently expected to do so - I do not think Trump could do such a thing without Congressional approval. I suspect he would request something like "authority to reduce the immanent threat of North Korea's obtaining a nuclear arsenal" without spelling out what he was going to do. Many in Congress might even think that just the vote itself might be enough to obtain a peaceful conclusion. And of course Trump would not want to telegraphy exactly what he intended to do to the North Koreans.

So if Trump asks for such a vote on authority to handle the nuclear threat from North Korea, I say get the hell away from the US West Coast because I am worried that North Korea might have a submarine off our coast with some rudamentary version of a nuclear weapon - even if it's a suicide attack by the personnel on the sub.

---
Chazzz

Share/Bookmark
  160 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244446 Postings in 105836 Threads, 514 registered users, 121 users online (1 registered, 120 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index