STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

HIVE MIND? (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by ConcernedCitizen @, Friday, March 17, 2017, 09:06

I've been working from home for the past 2 weeks with my wheelchair bounds fiance. I Put the TV on for her in the morning with the talk shows. In every show the audience screams and jumps up and down on cue. I talk to people on the phone and they sometimes seem to go into this mindless monologue, usually about politics, usually tinged with anger and hatred. BUT if I'm able to discuss their children, family, what they love they seem to rehumanize and their individuality shines through. I think many are being driven into things we don't even understand we just dance to the "masters" beat.
I've been pretty sick for a few weeks and am beginning to see the world from a distance. I really don't like what I see in groups of people BUT again the compassion and beauty of individuals is something I'm cherishing more and more yet experiencing less and less.
goering, himmler, stalin and the rest are probably having a wet dream right about now. Sadly I think we have brought their dreams to fruition, BUT we still manage to fight back a little in those moments where our humanity and compassion and LOVE come through.

Share/Bookmark
  201 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

242962 Postings in 104936 Threads, 514 registered users, 53 users online (3 registered, 50 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index