STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

REPORT ON MY PERSONAL TESTING OF ORANGE GLASSES (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by CatFan @, Green Country, USA, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:37

I have had insomnia for about 25 years. It is primarily due to a congenital defect in my endocrine system. I do what I can to keep that under control, and also do other things to help promote sleep. Melatonin not only helps with sleep in general, it dials down cortisol production (my bugaboo). 5-HTP increases serotonin which is the relaxation hormone (I don't make enough). So, these combined with some other OTC meds usually helps me get enough sleep.

After reading a lot on blue light's effect on the pineal gland, I decided to try this. I added the free f.lux program to my PC so it would automatically adjust the color on my monitor. That helped. The orange goggles I had would not fit over my reading glasses which are needed when using the PC, so I bought some reading glasses with pale orange lenses. Using the glasses and f.lux combined helped, but was not enough. So, I tested wearing the goggles when away from the PC.

I followed the directions in the article linked below and am happy to report that I am drowsy by 9:00PM and am able to fall asleep faster and easier when I go to bed around 10:00. I also slept sounder.

ARTICLE ON BLUE LIGHT

ORANGE READING GLASSES

ORANGE GOGGLES

f.lux program

Share/Bookmark
  208 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

242112 Postings in 104425 Threads, 514 registered users, 149 users online (3 registered, 146 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index