STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

JUST A TAD "HARSH" DON'T YOU THINK? (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by chazzz @, USA, Thursday, February 16, 2017, 16:55 @ Morgan

As far as I can see immigration is not a "crisis" in the United States. While there have been some isolated nasty episodes including and since 9/11 inside the USA, I do not think we have seen riots associated with recent immigrants and I do not believe we will see that in my lifetime. I thank God we are not Europe which allowed in and in some cases actively attracted large numbers of immigrants from cultures seemingly incompatible with Western values when they needed people for cheap labor for factories and farms.

The suggested solution of having the military "mow down" with lethal firepower those who protest or riot seems to me as bad or worse than what was imagined to be the problem. In the long run it's far better to find ways to accommodate legitimate demands and issues than to rely on institutional violence to maintain order.

By the way I have little sympathy for those who came to this country illegally. They are not "undocumented" they are illegal immigrants. While I may sympathize with the individuals as to why they or their parents may have done what they did, in the end unless you come here legally you are always at risk of involuntary expulsion. There is no universal right of immigration to the United States. The Statue of Liberty is a beautiful monument, but the words on the monument are poetry not law. But there is also no need for threats of wholesale violence by either side.

---
Chazzz

Share/Bookmark
  246 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243667 Postings in 105355 Threads, 514 registered users, 127 users online (1 registered, 126 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index