STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

Is Valiant at RMN for real, as it gets. (NEWS AND CONVERSATIONS)

by pinkorchid @, Brisbane , Australia, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 02:15 @ CharlesHenry
edited by pinkorchid, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 02:20

Hi All and CharlesHenry,

First of all I am glad to make your acquaintance, be it filtered through the most limiting medium of text.
I say that, because for me waxing lyrically with words as some renowned writers do , is something that I can only aspire to. But never the less , I do enjoy adding my two cents when inspired.

As to the general public and conversation in these days of politically correct speech ( there is a clue there I think in the word politically as this perhaps is the motive behind it all) and overly controlled and railroaded thought, most no longer wish to take the risk , I feel.

This of course is the intention, for if you are superficially bound by the constitution and the first amendment , showing one's hand overtly, is not how they have decided to play the game. It is more like they have come at it from an obtuse angle and rather they haven't the fortitude to be straight up front with the controls they want on language and discourse. They covertly attack the words themselves Raping a pillaging comes to mind and stealthily co-opting the language and as an outcome, changing the social mores.

It is also true there is an element of risk nowadays , when speaking one's mind on certain subjects, as a result of the many so-called speech crimes against humanity.

In essence the old saying "stick and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me " has it seems, been reconciled to the trash bin of history.

We are now all apparently, so fragile and weak , that offense may be taken from the word and people are "triggered", the new catch phase, and encouraged to be fragile when responding to the hate crimes apparently spun across all mediums to the poor defenseless minds of the victims in waiting.

Hence I believe a reluctance to engage with others in conversation has been the result.

If you add that to the low self esteem that is also resultant of a public in the victim roll, then you have a very timid lot , forever hiding in their shells for fear of rebuttal.

Alas until the majority of the public either grow some , or finds the victim life too competitive for their liking and then finally realize that indeed the " Pen is mightier than the Sword" we are unfortunately rather doomed to speak to only the echo's of our own voices.

Hope I have added some spice to the pot and stepped on some of those toes peeking out of those shells.

Being correct was never my forte'

P.S. No animals were harmed in this post.

---
Love and Light
Pinkorchid
I can't give you the ultimate truth ,it's all a matter of perspective and spin. So I empower you with the gift of discernment.

Share/Bookmark
  353 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

242092 Postings in 104414 Threads, 514 registered users, 78 users online (1 registered, 77 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index