STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

VIDEO OF MAN WITH EBOLA ESCAPING FROM CONTAINMENT CENTER (NEWS AND CONVERSATIONS)

by baconbits @, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 17:59 @ Qwibqwib

Well, I found this, but how can we be sure. I could not believe it when they transferred the one patient to Omaha, Ne. I guess maybe they want to start in the middle and well, do what ever their plan is.

http://www.brettrussell.com/personal/after_recovery_are_you_still_c.html

Can a survivor transmit Ebola to others after she or he has fully recovered?
Patients who have completely recovered from an illness caused by Ebola virus do not pose a serious risk for spreading the infection. However, the virus may be present in the genital secretions of such persons for a period (up to 7 weeks) after their recovery, and therefore it is possible they can spread the virus through sexual contact.

And I found this, So, I read different stories about how long it is contagious after they supposedly recover.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-doctors-know-an-ebola-patient-is-no-longer-contagious/

"After a rigorous and successful course of treatment and testing, the Emory health care team has determined that both patients have recovered from the Ebola virus and can return to their families and community without concern for spreading this infection to others," said Ribner.

He said patients who do not show clinical symptoms of the virus for two days are believed to no longer be contagious, though he wasn't specific about which types of lab tests were conducted to make the final call, perhaps out of respect for his patients' privacy.

Share/Bookmark
  1034 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243808 Postings in 105454 Threads, 514 registered users, 96 users online (1 registered, 95 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index