STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

HOW TO ESCAPE THE CYCLE OF REINCARNATION (NEWS AND CONVERSATIONS)

by gimp @, OZ. STH. CORAL SEA., Sunday, August 10, 2014, 07:32 @ CatFan

Greetings CF. Very interesting concept and alternative narrative to the Christian ideology whereby our next life is blissful providing of course we recognise Christ is our saviour and Jesus his Son or some variant of the same theme not dissimilar to the Islamic mantra that Allah is God and he has no other prophet but Muḥammad.

Being brought up a Christian, it was at a young age I realised the tale I was told was not the truth at all, but rather, a not so truthful story and rather more so, A tale And a story.

Later I learned about Buddism and the Eighth fold path to enlightenment and the role Reincarnation plays in that belief system and I have come to accept it as the truth. Perhaps only because I find no other alternative that fulfils my understandings of logic. The article you have presented has vexed me most sorely since first I read it and I have to say after having considered it all these days since, presents no conclusive evidence of it's veracity.

In fact, I find it confronting and worthy of further study only because I find an agenda here which IMHO smacks of money-grubbing by the authors.

However, what happens on the other side of life is something our science all these years is still unable to verify, even in the slightest way. Thus we are on our own adrift in a world of speculation and any Women or Man who speak to us saying this or that is so, should be treated to the greatest of our suspicions.

And so when I drink from the Silver Cup and ride that highway in the Sky I will remember to question my guide twice because all we know and all we think we know may be completely off the mark.

Thought provoking post indeed dear CF.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

---
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci

Share/Bookmark
  1050 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

242603 Postings in 104709 Threads, 514 registered users, 89 users online (0 registered, 89 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index