STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

10,000 LETTUCE A DAY INDOOR FARM. (NEWS AND CONVERSATIONS)

by gimp @, OZ. STH. CORAL SEA., Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:44 @ CatFan

This would be limited to crops that are self-pollinators unless they maintain bee hives in there too (or do it manually). I like this. No need for bug sprays, and optimum growing conditions.

When I read the process uses 1% of the water Normally required to produce a single lettuce I had a lightbulb moment. We've often discussed the problems of this world .. one of which is over-population. I maintain we need to expand out to the nearby planets and beyond if humanity may survive. For this to occur new technologies are required. I think we just found one in a long list. Tick √.

Next we need better than 'rocket' science for the heavy lifting which I believe is in the wind [so to speak] but above all I doubt the deity will allow us to enter the heavens until we can prove ourselves worthy of that next and great leap. I speak of the eternal wars, the enmity trivial and tribal man has engaged in over the Centuries.

If we can dispense with this or that ... our ugly and deadly grey past... we have the opportunity to step into a veritable "Cambrian" explosion of discovery that will set us free to roam the vast wilderness of cosmic space which after all is said and done is our only True home. For we are born of it's dust.

Nay?

---
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci

Share/Bookmark
  976 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

243021 Postings in 104966 Threads, 514 registered users, 108 users online (1 registered, 107 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index