STA Network Home

STA Front Page

Surfing The Apocalypse Network

Forum Index | News and Conversations | Log in | Register | Help

Surfing The Apocalypse is Reader Supported.

Please consider making a donation by clicking the button below.

MUST SEE VIDEOS! ART IS ALIVE IN SEATTLE HIGH SCHOOLS (STA BREAKING NEWS and ARCHIVES)

by Mourann @, where the wild things are..., Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 22:14

Just saw this story on Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC. I don't live there now, but I grew up in Seattle and worked in the music business there for years and I know how much creativity is lurking around the damp, mossy edges of Puget Sound. But these people are in high school! I just had to share this with you.

The second video is especially interesting. The young man who directed it learned Hall & Oates' song backwards by singing while looking into a mirror and then taught the others how it should look. It's a little off in a few places but it's worth the download time. I bet you'll smile.

Enjoy!
Mourann

Rival Shoreline schools in YouTube music video battle

by LINDA BRILL / KING 5 News
Posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Updated Friday, Dec 18 at 6:07 PM
SHORELINE, Wash. - It began in November when Shorecrest High School produced a music video to Outkast's "Hey Ya!"

The students banded together, performing for four minutes as the camera operator walked the halls of the school while students lip synced to the song. The video was shot with one take, meaning that there were no video cuts. It was all-or-nothing and it became a YouTube hit.

Their longtime competitors in football and band, Shorewood High School, weren't going to be one-upped. Shorewood has just released their competing video to Hall and Oates' "You Make My Dreams Come True." It was also shot in one take, but with a twist They shot it in reverse. The students had to learn how to lip sync the song backward.

At the end of the video is a message: "Try and beat that Shorecrest!"

Game on. Shorecrest says it's already planning its response, but the students aren't ready to give away what that is.

What makes this rivalry more special is the video teachers for each school. Shorecrest's Trent Mitchell and Shorewood's Marty Ballew are childhood friends.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Rival-Shoreline-schools-in-YouTube-music-video-battle-79679497.html

Shorecrest High School, Hey Ya

Shorewood High School, You Make My Dreams Come True

Share/Bookmark
  1676 viewsreport

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

244552 Postings in 105892 Threads, 514 registered users, 131 users online (2 registered, 129 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
Privacy Policy | Home | Main | Index